Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shelly Ferguson

1. Where are you living right now? A lovely little town near the Grand Mesa of western Colorado called Cedaredge.
2. Are you married? Only to my job.
3. Do you have any kids? No, but I have eight beautiful nieces and one handsome nephew.
4. Do you have a college degree? No college degree, but plenty of lessons from the school of life.
5. What do you do for a living? I work as an office manager for a manufacturing company.
6. How many places have you lived since graduation? Two – Las Vegas, NV (glad to be out of there!) and Cedaredge, CO (happy to be here!).
7. Briefly summarize any other major events that have happened in your life since graduation. Lost a brother – that was tough to take. Went to Africa – challenging, but fun.
8. What is your favorite memory of high school? When Bunki and I ditched one afternoon and took my brother’s truck out to Patterson’s Pond. Drove like crazy, nearly lost control, hit a bump, went completely airborne and lived to tell about it.
9. What are some of your favorite songs from high school? Don’t really have any.
10. Who is the teacher/class you remember most from high school? Risa Udall – I think I learned more from her without even trying than I did from any other teacher. Mr. Hansen – liked his tests.
11. If you could go back, what would you change about your high school years? I’d actually apply myself instead of doing exactly what I needed to do to simply get by.
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? Married (with children??).
13. What is one accomplishment since high school that you are proud of? Becoming a better version of myself and continuing to work on that.
14. What is one piece of advice you would give a future graduate of SJHS? Get out into the world and go after what you want.

15. Anything else you want to say to your former classmates? I’m sorry to everyone I ever treated badly; from the time I moved to SJ to the time I left (why are kids so cruel?). I forgive everyone who treated me badly.