Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lyle Joe Coffey





1. Where are you living right now? Currently we reside in Yerington Nevada, which is approximately 50 miles south east of Reno.
2. Are you married? If so, who did you marry? I am married to Rachel Coffey from Oregon.
3. Do you have any kids? If so, names and ages. We have 5 Children. Jayce – 10, Ethan – 9, Bryce – 5 almost 6, Lydia – 2, Emma – 6 months
4. Do you have a college degree? From where and in what? I have a AAS degree in drafting, but dropped out of college just before doing student teaching to obtain my teaching degree. I stayed in my field of work due to family reasons. I attended EAC and ASU.
5. What do you do for a living? I am a production manager for a milk plant. I have been across the country in various milk plants overseeing all aspects of production and maintenance.
6. How many places have you lived since graduation? Name them. Eight! Thatcher, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; Mesa, AZ; Yuma, AZ; San Diego, CA; Floresville, TX; Hampton, VA; Yerington, NV.
7. Briefly summarize any other major events that have happened in your life since graduation.
I went on a mission to San Diego. I have had the opportunity to be in over 30 states compared to the handful that I had been in before. Of course being married and having children are the most significant events in my life.
8. What is your favorite memory of high school?
I don’t have a lot of individual memories. I am just happy that while I was in school, I got along with most everyone and was always accepted.
9. What are some of your favorite songs from high school? I liked all music from that time.
10. Who is the teacher/class you remember most from high school? Mr. Bell Auto and metal shop.
11. If you could go back, what would you change about your high school years? I would not be afraid to try anything.
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? Hope to be well on the way to retirement. I will continue to climb, but I am looking at staying put in one place.
13. What is one accomplishment since high school that you are proud of? Simply that I have been true to my beliefs and have lived a good life.
14. What is one piece of advice you would give a future graduate of SJHS? It is good to start at the bottom. That way you know what it takes to make it to the top.
15. Anything else you want to say to your former classmates? I am glad that all are doing well. I have been proud to talk about our class and the quality of people that I grew up with. I have many fond memories of just being a part of SJHS. I can only hope that my kids will have a good of an experience as I did in school.