Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jeanie Farr Payne




















1. Where are you living right now? I live in Northern Utah (Hyde Park)
2. Are you married? If so, who did you marry? Mark Payne (1993)
3. Do you have any kids? If so, names and ages. 5 children: Nathan (14 almost) Preston (11) Tyson (9 almost) Kaitlin (6) Kierstin (3.5)
4. Do you have a college degree? From where and in what?I graduated in Elem. Ed. in Flagstaff, AZ (NAU)
5. What do you do for a living? Sometimes the day gets by me and I wonder this myself! I get to be a stay at home mom!
6. How many places have you lived since graduation? Name them. Orem, UT (UVU) Flagstaff, AZ (NAU) Mesa, AZ, Coos Bay, OR, Burley, ID and currnently Logan, UT area (10 years)
7. Briefly summarize any other major events that have happened in your life since graduation. having children continues to be the most major event of my life and it continues to take up the "major" amount of my time!
8. What is your favorite memory of high school? I have so many great memories. I had a ton of fun. I remember cruising main (how much was gas back then anyway?) "coasting" (still can't believe the car stayed running after we accidentally hit reverse going 90), staying up all night (it didn't seem to affect me then like it does now!) always having friends and fun-really never responsibility or real stress!
9. What are some of your favorite songs from high school? For some reason Bon Jovi and Belinda Carlisle come to mind but there are a lot of great 80's memories that I still enjoy. Isn't it funny that they are remaking some of our 'ol fav's! My kids are surprised when I know the lyrics to the latest hits!
10. Who is the teacher/class you remember most from high school? I had a lot of great teachers that put up with me, Mr. Cox, both Mrs. Udall's probably meant the most.
11. If you could go back, what would you change about your high school years? I definitely wished that learning would have meant more to me. I always did just what I had to to get by
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? I'll still be raising a family and quite honestly I can't imagine wanting to do anything else! When the kids are all gone, I hope to travel and enjoy life with my husband and be involved grandparents.
13. What is one accomplishment since high school that you are proud of? Having children and staying involved in their lives and in the community.
14. What is one piece of advice you would give a future graduate of SJHS? Enjoy this time and do things that you will always look back on as proud moments-no regrets!
15. Anything else you want to say to your former classmates?It is fun to read up on everyone, thanks to those who have organized all this, there are a lot of great memories tied up in all of you!