Friday, March 13, 2009

Traci Short MacGillivray






1. Where are you living right now?
I live in Warner Ranch Estates in Tempe Arizona .
2. Are you married? If so, who did you marry?
I was married the first time for approx 2 years. I have two beautiful daughters from my first marriage. I re-married in 1999 to a successful businessman named Charles MacGillivray. He is originally from Long Island New York . We have known each other for a total of 18 years.
3. Do you have any kids? If so, names and ages.
We have two daughters Nicole is 20 years old and just purchased her first home. She is a student at Arizona State University studying Criminal Justice- she wants to be a police officer. Our youngest Danielle, is 19 and still lives at home while a student at Mesa Community College studying Early Elementary Education- she wants to be a teacher.
4. Do you have a college degree? From where and in what?
I am currently working toward my JD in law. My undergraduate is in Justice Studies and Social Inquiry. I hope to attend Sandra Day O-Connor College of Law at Arizona State University .
5. What do you do for a living?
I am a Database Analyst /Project Manager specializing in customization of medical record databases. I also own my own business which is in the field of photography.
6. How many places have you lived since graduation? Name them.
After high school graduation, I moved from Springerville to Tempe and have been there ever since.
7. Briefly summarize any other major events that have happened in your life since graduation.
I have led a wonderful life since high school and I have the most amazing husband in the world. We have been very fortunate to enjoy our family and our lives. Our daughters are healthy, happy and amazing young women. I would not change a single thing in my life.
8. What is your favorite memory of high school?
I had a lot of great memories- the most memorable was my time with my foster parents Wayne & Nellie Olson. They were amazingly supportive of my goals. Wayne even married Chuck & me in 1999 before he passed away!
9. What are some of your favorite songs from high school?
Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet album. All of it. Every single song!
10. Who is the teacher/class you remember most from high school?
Andrea Borg- Speech & Debate. She rocks and I miss her!
11. If you could go back, what would you change about your high school years?
I would not have married so young! I would have just enjoyed being a kid more!
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
I will have graduated and will be practicing Law specializing in Child Advocacy and the protection of children here in Arizona . I will also be playing more golf!
13. What is one accomplishment since high school that you are proud of?
I am most proud of my daughters. They are intelligent, trustworthy, amazing young women with excellent decision making and interpersonal skills.
14. What is one piece of advice you would give a future graduate of SJHS?
Pursue your goals, not matter the obstacles. Even if it takes many years, never give up!
15. Anything else you want to say to your former classmates?
Please see the attached pictures of my family.