Friday, March 13, 2009

Alan Palmer





1. Where are you living right now? We are living in Joseph City, AZ.
2. Are you married? If so, who did you marry? I married Vicky Hubbard almost 14 years ago in the Mesa Arizona LDS temple.
3. Do you have any kids? If so, names and ages. We have 4 children Bryson 12, Kalee 10, Blake 4, and Kaci 20 months.
4. Do you have a college degree? From where and in what? I got my Bachelors in Spanish and my Masters in Education Counseling and Human Relations.
5. What do you do for a living? I have taught Seminary like my Dad did for about 14 years now.
6. How many places have you lived since graduation? Name them. I lived in Flagstaff for a year while attending NAU, then Chile for 2 years on a LDS mission, then Thatcher for 2 years, Flagstaff for 1 year, got married and we moved to West Jordan Utah for 6 years, then we have been in Joseph City for 8 years.
7. Briefly summarize any other major events that have happened in your life since graduation. College, Mission, Marriage, and kids. Just living the dream!
8. What is your favorite memory of high school? My favorite part of high school had to be Basketball season. Although I was no star, I just loved to play and the excitement of the games.
9. What are some of your favorite songs from high school? I didn’t listen to much, except for seminary music.
10. Who is the teacher/class you remember most from high school? Both Mrs. Udall's although they probably got really frustrated with my lack of effort at times, I felt they both cared about me.
11. If you could go back, what would you change about your high school years? Nothing I loved high school and all of the people there!
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? We are really enjoying Joseph City. It is a lot like St. Johns and it a good place to raise our kids so hopefully we will still be here teaching seminary.
13. What is one accomplishment since high school that you are proud of? I married an awesome and beautiful wife and we have great kids!
14. What is one piece of advice you would give a future graduate of SJHS? High School is what you make of it so always be optimistic!
15. Anything else you want to say to your former classmates? Thanks for all of you and your friendships I still treasure our years together!